Friday, September 15, 2017

The simplicity of 'Two squares'

The DivaCZT's challenge this week is a simple concept: a string of two squares.

First, I drew concentric, overlapping squares, holding my pencil loosely so the lines would wobble. I immediately saw the four small corners as black, but I changed my mind when it came to the last one. The two little Black Pearlz on sticks are where the pencil string lines exceeded the corner of the square. I liked it just like this.
Tangles: Black Pearlz, Paradox, Tipple, Zonked, and Aura
Again, I overlapped two squares, but corner to corner. It reminded me of Cubine so I went with that for the larger square, looking through to Morse. Then I extended Morse out around the other square. It completely changed the Cubine effect.
Tangles: Cubine, Morse, Pearlz, Zonked plus Aura and Rounding
This one wanted to be left very, very simple.
Tangles: Beadlines, Pearlz, Seljuk
Finally, I traced the corner of a standard tile and a bijou tile and used that for the 'two squares' string. And I wanted to do twisted striping again. I used white pencil in a few places.
Tangles: Striping (and twisted Striping) and a Black Pearl.

3 comments: